Low carb eating can help curb your appetite and help you to stick to a low-calorie diet. Here’s 25 of my favorite, low carb snacks, under 7 grams of carbs per serving.
Here’s the truth about carbs. They are essential to your health and fitness goals. I wouldn’t cut carbs out completely.
However, to reach weight loss goals with carbs, because of their impact on appetite, you’ll find the best success by choosing complex carbs, rather than simple carbs.
Complex carbs include foods like fruits, vegetables, starchy vegetables and whole grains. These carbs are more digestible, so you feel fuller longer and eat less.
If you’re wanting to live a low carb diet, it is important to understand what exactly that means. The following table shows how many calories you have consumed in a day. Mayo ClinicA low-carb diet may include a daily intake between 20 and 57g of carbohydrates. Low carb diets are anything that contains less than 100g of carbs.
This is why I compiled a list of snacks that contain less than 7g of carbs.
Foods You Can Buy
- Seaweed – When looking at the different brands of individual seaweed packs you can buy, generally a single serving was 2g of carbs or less! This makes it a great snack that is easy to transport and low in calories.
- Guacamole – Guacamole itself is actually really low in carbs. You can quickly increase the carb count if you eat it with chips or bread. Enjoy 2 tablespoons of it, plain or topped with cucumbers. SabraGuacamole has only 2g of carbs
- Cheese – Generally a slice of cheese is about an ounce. This guide It lists many types of cheese, as well as how many grams of carbs each one has. Because the carbs are so low, you could even have a slice of cheese along with a few crackers, you’d just want to check the nutrition on whatever kind of crackers you grab.
- Jerky – One ounce of Jack Link’s Original Beef Jerky has 6g of carbs. Similar nutrition facts are found in other brands. This is a great, high-protein option. If you’re feeling more snacky and want more to eat, try their turkey jerky. 1.5oz could be yours for 6g carbs.
- Yogurt – The calories and sugar content in greek yogurt varies a lot, so it’s important to pay attention to the brands. Oikos triple Zero Berry yogurt has 7g of carbs in a cup. Fage yogurt can be consumed in 3/4 cup for 5g.
- Pickles – After looking at a few brands, I found that generally 1oz of pickles has 1 g of carbs. This option is also low in calories and has a variety of available flavors, but I know pickles aren’t for everyone.
- Skinny Pop Popcorn – Popcorn in general is a lighter calorie and carb snack, as long as you don’t buy the extra butter flavor. Skinny Pop popcorn is healthier because it contains very little butter flavoring. Skinny Pop brand popcorn only contains 5g carbs per 1/4 cup
- Cottage Cheese – Across the different cottage cheese brands, about 1/2 a cup has 4-5g of carbs. You can either eat it plain or add some sugar free Jell O to make it sweeter. This can be a great way to switch up your snack.
- Bell Peppers and Dip – According to Very well fitted1/2 cup red bell peppers have 4.5g carbohydrates. You can eat it plain, or add 2 tbsp. of sauce. Hidden Valley ranch. If you are looking for a lower-calorie option, BolthouseRanch has 3g carbs per 2 tbsp, but only 50 calories per serving
- Olives – Five medium-size pitted black olives1g of carbs. It’s pretty much the same for green olives as well.
- Honey Dew Melon – For 1/4 cup of honey dew, there are 4g of carbs. This is a refreshing snack that will curb your appetite.
- Deli Meat – Most kinds of deli are pretty low in carbs and high in protein (you could have 2-3 slices for less than 7g of carbs). Instead of listing off a bunch of individual kinds and their nutrition facts, I’ll link this deli meat nutrition guide that you can check out. Sometimes it is difficult to find the image, so if you have trouble finding it, search google images!
- Pork Rinds – Typically while on a low carb diet, you can’t eat many chips or crackers. If you’re still wanting to eat something with a little crunch, have Pork rinds! 4oz could be yours for less than 7g of carbs.
- Carrots – According to Carb ManagerEach large baby carrot has approximately 1.2 grams of carbohydrates. You could have as little as 5-6 carrots for a quick snack.
- Berries – 1/3 of a cup of RaspberriesOr blackberriesThere are 4-5 grams of carbohydrates in this drink! Half a cup of strawberries6g
How to prepare your own food
While these don’t take a ton of time, they do require a little preparation. These can be made in 30 minutes and stored for up to a few days. One egg has just 1g of carbs and 6g of protein, so it’s an awesome snack for helping curb your appetite.
Let me begin. This is not a low-calorie snack, but it’s a low-carb snack. These wings are full of protein and plenty of flavor to keep you going. A single serving has 283 calories, 2 carbohydrates, and 21g protein. These can be eaten as part of a meal, or as a snack to keep you going until the next meal.
- Tuna Salad with Cucumber slices
Cucumbers make a great low-carb food, as they can be used to hold or create a container, much like crackers, bread or tortillas. They are used to complement the tuna salad. A large boat has 60 calories, less 6g of carbs and 7 grams of protein.
If you’re a fan of celery, then you’ll love these! Not only is there the everything bagel flavor, but I’ve seen all kinds of recipes for the fillings. There’s everything from cheddar and bacon to Italian seasoning to buffalo chicken flavors. Two celery sticks are 93 calories and 2g of carbs with 2g of protein
One serving, or 3 ounces of, broccoli contains 93 calories and 6g of carbohydrates. It also contains 2g of protein. This is one of those snacks that you can make in large batches and save the rest for another day. There’s little prep or clean up, and you can feel great about getting some greens in you!
These pizza bites are great for satisfying your pizza cravings and can be made in a matter of minutes. Each pizza bite contains only 4g of carbs. They are high in protein and calories.
Low-carb crackers Only 2 ingredients are required! These homemade crackers are delicious and low in carbs. Each serving contains just 3g carbs. The recipe yields 8 servings.
The recipe contains approximately 7g of carbs, even if you use only 1 tablespoon of the dressing. If you’re feeling really hungry, this recipe is filling while also leaving you feeling light and refreshed. .
These are low in carbs and easy to make. You could make 3-4 small pieces and still fit in the low carb snack category.
I don’t know about you, but I could always go for pizza. If you’re craving pizza but wanting to cut down on your carbs, try these roll ups! These roll ups will give you the pizza flavor that you desire for only 2g of carbs.
Please share any other low-carb snacks you like! I’m always looking for new recipes that taste good and help me feel good too.