This is the best bagel egg sandwich you can get for breakfast. Complete with cheese, avocado, and tomato; you’ll wish you had one for every meal.
Jump to Recipe
Balance carbs with protein is the best way to start the morning. This low-calorie egg sandwich has 367 calories, 32 grams protein, 31 grams carbs, and fourteen grams fat.
I eat a lot eggs. I eat eggs every morning for breakfast. Even when I go on vacation, I bring hard boiled eggs, because I’m just that addicted to starting my day with eggs (see my current meal plan here)
So, recently, when I came home from the store with an impulse buy of Bubba’s 100 calorie Skinny Bagels, I couldn’t wait to change my regular egg breakfast into a breakfast sandwich!
For the sake of clarity, if I add toast (or bread in this case), to my breakfast, then I skip the oatmeal. I try to limit my breakfast carbs to 100 calories (or 25g).
I always have thinly sliced Sargento cheese with my eggs. This isn’t something you need to buy special. You could (and it’s cheaper), just buy regular cheese and only use 1/2 an ounce. The sargento thin slices just happens to slice the cheese into 1/2 ounce slices – which is really hard to do on your own, but shredded cheese works well if you weigh it.
What’s do I put on my Bagel Egg Sandwich:
- First, I toast the thin bagel. You really can’t beat 100 calories for TOP and BOTTOM of your bread for an egg sandwich.
- I decided to make my egg whites fancy by using a mini dash waffle maker, as it was about the same size and shape as my bagel. It’s easy to cook eggs on a waffle iron. However, if you use a dash, it would take four times as long. “waffles”I will use up all the eggwhites I eat every single day (1 cup).
- Then of course the thin sliced Sargento cheese cheddar cheese (45 calories)
- I sliced up a big of avocado, not cause I’m concerned about getting healthy fats, but it just tastes so dang good on an egg sandwich!
- I added a tomato. If there was anything I’d leave off it’s this. It can make your sandwich soggy. I placed mine between a layer of lettuce and an egg, and then dried it with a paper towel.
- To add some crunch, I microwaved some turkey bacon.
- And finally, 1 leaf of lettuce, because it’s a sandwich!
It’s so filling!!
This recipe might be a good one for you.
- 1 Thin Bubba’s Bagels (100 calories)
- 1 Cup Egg whites
- 1 Slice Turkey Bacon
- 1 Slice sargento thin sliced cheese Or 1/2 ounce of cheese
- 30 Grams avocado
- 1 Slice tomato
- 1 Leaf lettuce
Toast bagel. Make egg whites in a skillet or waffle iron. Turkey bacon.
Sandwich with avocado, turkey bacon and lettuce.
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 367Cal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 14g
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!