Day 14 of my weight-loss journal, 1500 calories Workout for shoulder, triceps, and biceps. (See the other days of this weight loss journal here.
Day 14: 114.6
A tiny bump in the scale yesterday, but again. When you weigh every day and see the fluctuations, it’s less worrisome. You can gauge your progress by weighing every day and taking a weekly average. That way, the little ups and downs won’t be so stressful!
For the record, I like eating the same foods every single day. I don’t find it boring. I find it actually downright entertaining!
So, of course, yesterday I had:
- Eggs and oatmeal *(with some sliced bananas)
- Green salad with grilled chicken tenderloins.
- A peanut butter protein shake
- BBQ chicken with cauliflower rice
It was this morning that I had to do it again! For my Culinary program (I’m doing it through Park City Culinary Institute We made clarified butter. It is so delicious! It was also egg day, and I love eggs. I made eggs in many ways: French omelets, eggs benedict, French omelets, over-easy, medium, and over-hard. All the eggs were cooked in clarified butter, including the omelets and the fried eggs. I don’t think I’ve ever cooked eggs in butter before. I always use cooking spray. They were incredible! They were so delicious. I’m glad I didn’t know how delicious they were before today. You should also know that I almost exclusively eat eggs whites, so to have an entire omelet of full eggs, cooked with butter, was pure heaven!
And the Hollandaise sauce that I made for the eggs Benedict. It was 8 ounces clarified butter, which was reduced from a full-pound of butter! So, that’s dangerous as well! I can’t even imagine how many calories was in that.
I’m just saying, I went a little over board on the eggs and butter, and I’m a little nervous about the weigh in tomorrow.
Today’s workout was shoulders, triceps, and biceps. I also ran 2 miles on the treadmill. I’m hoping to do a long run tomorrow, so I was saving up my energy for that.
These are the exercises I did for my shoulders:
- Lateral raises, both arms, then each one single. 4 sets, 12 reps, each arm, and 4-5 singles.
- Bent over fly’s – 4 sets, 15 reps.
- Overhead shoulder press, 4 sets of 8 reps (Heavyweights!)
- 4 sets of 12 reps, upright rows
Training for the triceps and biceps
I used to do biceps and triceps on Saturday’s. But, my gym opens late on Saturday’s, and It felt like a waste of a trip just for biceps and triceps. I decided to move them to Friday along with my shoulders. It’s so much more enjoyable! I did it:
- Bicep barbell curls 4 sets 12 reps
- Tricep extensions, 4 sets 12, 12 reps.
- Bicep hammer curls: Both arms in 4 sets 12, followed by singles in 3-4 additional reps
- Tricep dips, 4 sets, 15+ to failure
That’s it for today. Be back tomorrow!