This protein shake is made with only 3 ingredients. It tastes just like root beer floats but contains 24 grams of protein!
Jump to Recipe
Oh my! It was possible. I combined two of my favorite things right now (Root Beer + Protein) into one delicious protein shake.
I’ve been saying for some time that mixing any flavor drink mix with vanilla protein powder means that you can have a MILLION types of protein drinks.
Since quitting diet coke I have many drink mixes. These syrups are for the very thin. Then, I went one step further and bought a sodastream! (I’ll be sharing my drinks with the soda stream soon!)
Ingredients in the root beer protein shake
- I started with vanilla protein powder. I get Optimum nutrition Whey when I use vanilla plain. It’s pure whey, so there is only 4 g of carbs and 21 g protein. I prefer to save my carbs for use in mix-ins. Clean Simple Eats is another brand of protein I purchase, especially their flavored varieties. CSE does contain 9 grams of carbohydrates for 20 grams protein. Bottom line is that you can use any vanilla protein, but the macros and calories may need to be modified depending on what you use.
- A&W drinks packets are second! Did you know that they sell this? I found this at Walmart, but I’m sure you can get it at any grocery store.
- Third, some vanilla unsweetened almondmilk. For only 30 calories, I’ve been enjoying almond milk over water in my shakes lately. Personal preference, however water works as well.
Then, while I didn’t include it in the “three ingredients”To make this protein smoothie, you will need some ice. You can use as much or as little as your blender will allow. I use between 5 and 6. It thickens the shake just right like a root beer floating.
Then of course, I ALWAYS top my protein drinks with whipped cream- It’s only 15 calories for 2 tablespoons!
This recipe might be a good one for you.
- 1 Take a look at the scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 1 Packet A&W Drink Blend
- 1/2 Cup Almond milk (vanilla unsalted)
- 5 Large Ice cubes
- 1 Use the following as a guide: Whip cream
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 135Cal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 2g
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME AT PINTEREST!