Some people lose weight intentionally, while others do it unintentionally. This is Jazmine’s weight loss story.
Jazmine lost 50 pounds. What did she do? Continue reading to learn more.
Who is Jazmine Sull?
Jazmine Sullivan, an American singer-songwriter/record producer is Jazmine. She was born in Philadelphia on April 9, 1987. Jazmine started in the music industry as a teenager, singing in various choirs and performing on Broadway.
She released her debut album, entitled “Fearless”2008 Since 2008, Jazmine was nominated multiple time for Grammy awards.
How did Jazmine lose weight?
Grammy nominee: She didn’t want to lose weight, she just wanted to support her mum during her cancer treatments.
Jazmine’s mother, Pam Sullivan, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019, which required a change in her eating habits. Jazmine decided that she would go vegan to support her mother.
“Obviously you appreciate people more if you even think that you could lose them, but I’ve been able to reciprocate the love and support that she’s given me all my life back to her. And I’m so fulfilled doing that.”
Pam’s health challenge also inspired the American singer to prioritize her health too.
What did Jazmine Sullivan’s diet consist of?
Jazmine shared some of her vegan recipes with her followers on Instagram. Her diet includes;
- Homemade hummus made with spelt chickpea flour crackers
- Cauliflower rice flavored with chana masala
- Pizza made with mushrooms, peppers and onions without dairy.
- Vegan-style taco made with grilled veggies, salsa, and guacamole wrapped in romaine lettuce.
What is a vegan diet?
Veganism does not include or use any animal products. Vegans don’t eat meat, fish or milk and they do not consume eggs.
Veganism goes beyond simply not eating animals or any of their by-products. Veganism is a lifestyle that prohibits the exploitation of animals for food, clothing, and entertainment.
According to vegan standards, it is also not acceptable to use animal products in any other way, such as leather shoes and silk.
This diet includes:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Legumes include beans, peas, and lentils.
- You can find nuts and seeds in walnuts, chestnut, Brazil nuts and cashew.
- Whole grains, cereals, pseudocereals.
- Bread, rice, and pasta.
- Dairy alternatives like soymilk and coconut milk as well as almond milk are available.
- Vegetable oils.
- Tofu and tempeh are alternative to meat, fish and eggs in many vegan recipes.
Are vegan diets healthy?
The short answer is that vegan diets are almost always more healthy than non-vegan. Veganism is not without risks.
This is due to the fact that vegans avoid all meat and dairy products. These foods are high in protein, vitamin B12, and other essential nutrients.
So vegans can often become deficient in certain vitamins and minerals – but this is easily remedied by eating foods rich in these nutrients.
A vegan diet has many health benefits
- It can help to lose weight quickly.
- It reduces the risk of developing cancer and heart disease.
- It can reduce arthritis pains and inflammation.
- It can lower your blood pressure.
- A vegan diet can lower the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
How can vegan diet help with weight reduction?
Plant-based foods often contain lower amounts of calories than animal products. Vegans eat fewer calories per meal.
Vegan diets are also high in fiber, which makes you feel fuller and more satisfied quickly. You should be careful to only consume a small amount of plant fat, as they can cause weight gain.
As we have seen from this weight loss experience, Jazmine Sullivan weight loss is solely a result of plant-based foods. Veganism can be a quick way to lose body weight, but it is important to consult your doctor before you decide to try it.