Jump to Recipe
French toast can be a healthy way of starting your day! Make microwave french toast in a cup and you can have breakfast ready in just minutes
I noticed something about myself…
When I’m waiting for a skillet to heat up (making eggs, pancakes, or french toast), I graze! It’s completely mindless.
By the time I start making breakfast, I’m pretty hungry, so I’ve caught myself ripping off a hunk of bread, getting a handful of cereal, or eating an extra banana.
But knowing is half the battle, amiright? Use the microwave A quick breakfast is what stops me from doing this! And cooking a meal or dessert in a mug cuts down on the dishes you’re using as well!
So, I’m all down for using the microwave, especially to make this DELICIOUS, HEALTHY MICROWAVE FRENCH TOAST!
I used the following ingredients to make this microwave French Toast:
- ✔️1 egg, 1/4 cup egg whites
- ✔️Vanilla and cinnamon
- ✔️One slice of bread. Harpers homemade bran bread is low in calories. It contains 80 calories.
If you can see into your microwave, it’s crazy how high your French toast grows, like a jack in the box!
French Toast can be healthy
French toast is a delicious breakfast for many reasons.
- The food groups are balanced. As you know, any meal that I can get 3-4 food groups involved, I’m very happy about! This contains grains, protein, as well as fruit!
- The macros are balanced. A macro diet can be satisfied with this breakdown: 17 g protein and 15 g carbohydrates, and 5 grams fat
- It’s perfectly portion controlled! I love that the recipe makes just one serving. There’s no reason to microwave more. You can eat the entire thing and still feel satisfied.
What toppings can you add to French Toast?
To keep calories low, I often go for some
- Sugar free syrup (like Walden Farms)
- Whipped Cream (1 squirt is only fifteen calories)
- Berries! Any berry is good, but raspberries are in season right now and they are DIVINE!!
What are you waiting for? Give this breakfast a shot and let me know how you like it!
- 1 Medium egg
- 1/4 Cup Egg whites
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 splash vanilla
- 1 Slice Bread approx. 80 calories
- Spray large mugs with cooking spray.
- Combine egg whites, egg, cinnamon, vanilla, and whisk together.
- Break the bread into small pieces and then dredge in egg mixture. Stir until all pieces are coated.
- Microwave on high 45 seconds Let the french toast cool in the microwave before removing it.
- Cook for 45 seconds in the microwave.
- Serve with berries, whipped-cream, or syrup!
Serving: 1Mug | Calories: 185Cal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 5g
Follow me on Pinterest This pin will take you to more healthy recipes!
READ NEXT –Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes in Just 15 Minutes!
You might also enjoy, 100 Calorie Mug Cake! (Microwave cake!)