Black Bean and Corn Salad make a great combination.Healthy, low-calorie lunch! With black beans, leftover chicken, corn from the cob, and feta cheese, it’s a quick and easy high protein dish.
Jump to Recipe
I wish the corn in this photo was more yellow. But I love Sweet white corn! I keep some on hand and eat it often! Plus, fresh corn isn’t too yellow yet. To see yellow corn, I will have to wait until later in the season.
Never the less, I couldn’t wait to get this recipe up. I made it mostly for myself. Sometimes I’ll make something that I like so much and want to eat it every day, and then a few months later I forget about it! This is to remind me that I love black bean and corn salad.
What ingredients are in Black Bean & Corn Salad?
Three other ingredients were needed to make this corn salad protein-rich. I used:
- Grilled chickenEither leftovers from dinner, or you can cook ahead like I do during food preparation. (See an example of high-protein food prep here. I always use 3 ounces of chicken in a meal. I then count it in MyFitnessPal to be 4 ounces.
- Black beans. Black beans are a good source for protein, fiber and even antioxidants. Half a cup of black beans contains approximately 100 calories, 19g carbs, almost 4g protein, and almost no fat.
- Fat-Free Feta Cheese – 1 ounce of fat free feta cheese actually has 7 grams of protein, and it makes EVERY salad better! .
- Bolthouse Ranch is the place to get your dressing. You can find Bolthouse brand dressingsIn the produce dept. If you’ve spend any time in my meal plans, you’ll know, I use this dressing almost exclusively. It tastes great and has only 25 calories per teaspoon. I will never return to regular ranch dressing.
- And corn! Corn is good for you whether you cut it from the cob, buy frozen corn, or open a canned one. 1/2 cup of cooked corn contains 75 calories, 12 grams carbs and 3 grams protein. It also has about 3 grams fiber.
How long does Black Bean & Corn Salad last?
Salads can be eaten cold with a dressing such as this. The best thing about salads is that they taste even better chilled. This black bean and corn salsa tastes best after being kept in the fridge for 12 hours.
This corn salad can be stored for up to 4 days. However, it is best to consume it between 2 and 3. That’s why I love making this ahead of time for potlucks or Sunday dinner. The mess can be made on Saturday. Chill it in the fridge for dinner the next day, and it’s one less thing to make.
What to eat when you make Black Bean Corn Salad
If you choose to use black bean and corn salad for a side dish, rather than lunch, I’d serve it with a fruity salad and a main meat (even though the black bean corn salad has chicken, it does feel more like a “side dish”.
Watch the News segment featuring this corn salad
Recently, I was invited by daytime television to do a segment with this salad. Catch the segment on daytime television. You can watch the replay here
- 4 Ounces Breast of boneless, skinless chicken Culinary
- 90 Grams Served corn (2/3 cup)
- 50 Grams black beans
- 1 One ounce Fat-free feta cheese
- 1 Spoon Bolthouse ranch dressing
Serving: 1Bowl | Calories: 306Cal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Sodium: 702mg | Potassium: 425mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g
PIN THIS FOR LATER AND FOLLOW ME AT PINTEREST!