WiThis dark and creamy banana made of chocolate contains 240 calories Smoothies are healthy and delicious. High in proteinThis healthy milkshake can be used as a breakfast, snack, dessert, or as a healthy alternative to regular milkshakes.
This Chocolate Banana Smoothie has 240 calories, 19g protein, 25g carbs, 7g fat, and 1 WeightWatchers point.
With the right combination of ingredients, a protein smoothie can make it feel like you aren’t dieting at all! It can even feel indulgent when you’re on your weight loss journey.
Protein powder has seen a dramatic improvement in taste over the past few decades. Back in the early 90’s, drinking a protein shake was similar to gagging my way through a colonoscopy prep.
You can now find protein powder made with healthy ingredients in a variety flavor options. Check out our latest protein powder taste testing here
In the early 2000’s, smoothies started gaining popularity. Blended with a variety vegetables and fruits, smoothies were a popular way to get nutrients.
Now, there’s been a melting together of the perfect fruit smoothie, with tastier than ever protein power. These drinks have the best of both. I can’t get enough of them, and I’ve been making my smoothies in a variety of ways.
- 10 g Chocolat chips that are sugar-free
- 2 Use the following as a guide: Whip cream
All ingredients into a blender. Blend on high to achieve smooth results.
Place in a cup and top with whipped cream.
Serving: 1glass | Calories: 240Cal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 18.5g | Fat: 7g
A smoothie is one of my favorite smoothies. Smoothie of Chocolate Banana And I’m not alone. The Vegan Dark Chocolate Banana Smoothie at the Smoothie King is the number one Smoothie restaurant.
What ingredients are in the Smoothie Queen Vegan Dark Chocolate Banana
Considered as a part of their “Be Well Blends”,Smoothie KingVegan Dark Chocolate Banana Smoothie – WILDLY Popular! Their smoothie contains only:
- 100% cocoa
- Vegan protein powder
But be careful! The 40 ounce cup contains 710 calories, 160g carbs, 21g protein and 2.5g of fat. It also earns 19 WeightWatchers points. These calories and carbs may be higher than those in most Crumbl Cookies.
Their 20 ounces, which is comparable to this chocolate smoothie recipe, have 350 calories, 10g protein and 80g carbs.
My healthier recipe for chocolate smoothie beats the by 100 CALORIES Saves you money 55 grams carbs
How to make low-calorie, low-fat chocolate banana shake
OK!! Let’s break down this thick shake recipe by ingredients. It’s so easy to make. All you need is a high-powered blender and the following ingredients.
- Almond milk unsweetened– A staple for any smoothie or shake is going to be some liquid. Unsweetened vanilla almondmilk is my favorite because it has only 30 calories per cup. It has the vanilla flavor without the calories or sugar. Almond milk is also a great option if you are looking for a vegan shake.
- Chocolate Protein PowderThis recipe uses the following: Clean Simple Eats Brownie Batter protein. I’ve mentioned many times, for vanilla protein, I use the Optimum Nutrition, but for flavors, I enjoy Clean Simple Eats. You can always find new and exciting flavors at Clean Simple Eats. (This affiliate link includes a discount code The CSE has no added sugar, it’s gluten free, and includes digestive enzymes for those with sensitive stomachs. You can also use your favorite chocolate protein brand, although I haven’t tried any of them.
- Frozen banana-1/2 of a frozen is critical to the creaminess, thickness, and consistency of this shake. Banana. The flavor is mild, so even if you don’t like banana, don’t skip this. It is definitely overpowered by the chocolate. The creaminess is unbeatable.
- Nonfat Greek yogurt– for a little extra protein, thickness, and creaminess, Nonfat plain greek yogurt is a winning add-in.
- Cocoa powderI added extra cocoa to give it a stronger chocolate flavor. If you want a richer chocolate flavor, you can use a teaspoon. Dark chocolate flavor.
- VanillExtracts are the best!
- Ice cubes– Essential to making this chocolate banana smoothie taste like a milkshake! Ice is a surprising ingredient that can transform this protein drink from a bland, boring ice cream into a delicious frozen treat.
- Optional: Whipping cream topping– because I ALWAYS have a can of whipped cream. It’s only 15 calories for two tablespoons and makes a boring smoothie just like dessert!!
- Chocolat chips made without sugar– For sprinkling on top, or blending into your shake, or both! These sugar-free chocolate chips are so creamy and smooth. They taste exactly like full fat and full sweetness chocolate chips to my palate.
Extra add-ins or ingredient swaps
There are many other ways to make your smoothie taste different or add extra nutrition. These are some of the most popular ingredients or ingredient substitutions:
- PEANUT BUTTER– This is a popular add in for a chocolate smoothie. If you love peanut butter and chocolate together, you’ll love this. You’ll feel satisfied and satiated with a little healthy fat. If you are trying to GAIN weight, you can add peanut butter to your smoothie to make it more nutritious and still have the extra calories you need to gain weight.
- STRAWBERRIES– Chocolate and strawberries have long been a delicious combo (who doesn’t love chocolate covered strawberries!) It’s a great idea to add a few strawberries.
- BLUEBERRIES– The Smoothie King Dark Chocolate Banana smoothie includes blueberries. Blueberries are good for the brain and high in antioxidants.
- COTTAGE CHEESE– Yes, cottage cheese is a great addition to a smoothie. Cottage cheese can be substituted for greek yogurt in the following recipe. Cottage cheese is high protein and low calories. It’s been a long time go-to food for someone trying to lose weight.
- MILK– Instead of almond milk, you can use cow’s milk. It’s creamy, delicious, and packed with calcium.
- ALMOND BUTTERAlmond butter is similar to peanut butter in that it contains healthy fats that will keep you full. This smoothie could be used instead of a snack or dessert and keep you full until lunch.
Here are some tips for making the creamiest smoothies possible
There’s only a few things that can make the difference between a “protein drink”A protein shake that tastes similar to a milkshake.
- Use a blender. This is vital for smooth smoothies. You don’t want chunks of frozen banana or ice getting in the way of a good blend.
- Don’t forget to freeze your bananas- Using a frozen banana instead of a fresh banana will give it the creaminess you are looking for in a good smoothie.
- Don’t forget the ice! Again, to make a smoothie taste like a milkshake, blending in the ice until it’s smooth will help.
- It is best to drink it immediately. It’s so quick to make this, and making this drink ahead of time just doesn’t taste as good. The ingredients start to separate, and it’s no longer slushy. You can trust me. Make it to drink immediately.
So, that’s it! I’m making a video that I’ll link to if you want to see how easy and delicious this can be. Make sure to tag me on social media if you make this!
This recipe might be a good one for you.
PIN THIS TO GET LATER AND FOLLOW ME AT PINTEREST!