Check out the calories for a slice of pizza from restaurants like Little Caesars, pizza hut, Papa Murphy’s, Papa Johns, Dominoes and more!
What is your favorite type of pizza? Your answer can tell a lot about you as a person. I love thin crust, thick pepperoni, veggie, or any combination thereof! There’s a kind of pizza for everyone.
While I love pizza, one thing that I don’t love is the calories. I had to compile a list of popular restaurants that offer take-out pizza and rank them according to their calories. The more you know, the better decisions you’ll make.
In order to compare the brands, I decided to gather nutrition information for a single slice of pepperoni pizza from a 12″ medium size pizza (1/8 of a 12″ pizza pan). This size is offered by most brands, and pepperoni pizza is a popular type of pizza. Now, let the calorie counting begin….
Pizza Calories Per Slice, Highest to Lowest
- Little Caesar’s – Little Caesar’s original crust pizza has about 276According to Calories per Slice Fast Food Nutrition Fast Food Menu Prices . It also includes 31g carbs, 11g fat and 13g protein
- Pizza Hut – Research from Eat This Much Carb Manager Show that Pizza Hut has given you a slice of pizza. 269 calories. It also has about 29g carbs, 11g fat, and 12g protein.
- Sbarro – Sbarro sells 12″ Roman style square pizzas with 6 slices. Although this pizza is slightly different than the other pizzas on this site, I still included them. Based on information from Fast Food Nutrition Sbarro, a slice of Sbarro pizza contains about 263 Calories and approximately 28.5g carbs, 11g fat and 12g protein.
- Marco’s – The nutritional evaluation from My Fitness Pal And My Net Diary show that pieces of pieces of pepperoni pizza at Marco’s have about 255 Calories, 26g carbs, 12g fat and 11g protein
- Papa Murphy’s – There are 240Based on evidence, calories per slice of pepperoni pie Carbs Manager Papa Murphy’s. They also contain about 25g carbs, 11g fat and 8g protein.
- Papa John’s – From articles by Fast Food Nutrition Fat Secret, we can see that a piece of Papa John’s pizza has 230Calories, 26g of carbs and 10g of fat. 9g of protein.
- Domino’s – For a slice of original hand tossed Domino’s, there are about 210Calories according to Domino’s And My Fitness Pal. It also contains 23g carbs, 9g fat, and 8g protein.
- Cici’s Pizza – Cici’s pizzas generally cut their 12″ pizzas into 10 slices rather than the usual 8. For comparison’s sake, I took the information from Cici’sTo determine how many calories a regular-sized slice of pizza would contain, I found that the average pizza would contain approximately 185 calories if it were cut into 8 slices. 200 Calories, 22.5g carbs, 9g fat and 9g protein
- California Pizza Kitchen – When it comes to a slice of the original hand tossed pepperoni pizza at California Pizza Kitchen, there are about 190 calories. Nutrition Charts Fast Food NutritionShow each slice as having 22g carbohydrates, 7g of fat and 8g of proteins.
- Chuck E. Cheese/ Peter Piper’s Pizza – As shown by Eat This Much My Net DiaryA slice of Pepperoni Pizza from Chuck E. Cheese 178 calories. It also contains 21g of carbohydrates, 7g of fat and 8g protein.
- Mod Pizza – One thing to note about Mod Pizza is that they sell 11″ pizzas rather than 12″. Their pizza slices are slightly smaller that most medium pizzas because of this. A slice of mega-crust pizza (1/8th of the entire pie) can be found here. Mod pizza It contains approximately 141 calories. It also contains about 22g carbs, 3g fat, 5g of protein, and 3g of sugar.
- Blaze Pizza – Similar to Mod, Blaze pizza also is sold in the 11″ size with 6 slices (but I calculated the values for 1/8th of the pizza. They also have thinner crusts. These factors contribute to their low calorie count. 83Calories per slice: 10.5g carbs, 3g fat and 4g protein
*Side note, I know that pizza from the Costco food courts These pizzas are quite popular. Unfortunately, they only sell their pizzas in the 16-18″ size, meaning that their slices couldn’t be fairly compared with the others in this list.
From my findings, I gathered that many of the highest calorie options are also the most popular takeout brands such as Little Caesar’s and Pizza Hut. Honestly, that’s probably why they taste so good. Mod and Blaze were the best places to get low-calorie pizzas.
This research will help you reduce calories, whether you came here out of curiosity or desire to do so. We can see that the brand of take-out pizza you choose really does make a difference in how many calories you consume.