These 16 healthy Sunday dinner options are great for guests who are coming over for Sunday dinner.
Every Sunday night, we invite our adult children for dinner. Usually we also have a few nieces and nephews who are living close to go to college, and sometimes I’ll invite my sisters family if we can’t get the young people here.
Let’s just say that I try to come up with a Sunday dinner idea that can easily be scaled to feed anywhere between 10-20 people.
Instead of reinventing every week the wheel, my husband and me sat down to create our best dinner ideas that can be put on repeat. We would only repeat a meal once every four months with 16 ideas. That’s totally fine!
So, here’s our list. As I make these meals over the next few months, I’ll update this list with details. Here they are, in the meantime.
- Carne Asada Tacos– served with corn on the cob, watermelon, and cilantro rice
- Lasagna– served with French bread or rolls, green salad, or fruit salad.
- Café Rio Burrito/salads– served with shredded pork, cheese, rice, beans, salsa, avocado, and tortillas.
- Potato cheese soup– served with Artisan bread and fruit.
- Roast and potatoes – Served with a green salad or roasted veggies.
- Ham and funeral potatoes – served with a green salad, cottage cheese salad or fruit salad.
- Hamburgers – Served with corn on the cob, green salad, fries, or watermelon.
- Hawaiian plate/Chicken Teriyaki– Served with macaroni salad, coleslaw, or rice.
- Shredded BBQ sandwiches – Served on rolls with corn, green salad, fruit salad, or coleslaw.
- Lettuce Wraps – Served with marinated cucumbers, pot stickers, or egg rolls.
- Navajo Tacos – Served with beef, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, chips.
- Chicken Saladon croissants or rolls – Served alongside roasted vegetables, and fruit
- White Chicken Chili – Served with Artisan bread.
- Steak and Baked Potatoes – Served with toppings for the baked potatoes, corn on the cob, or watermelon.
- Cheesy Stuffed Shells – Served with French bread, green salad, and fruit salad.
- Hawaiian Haystacks – Served with rice, pineapple, coconut, chow mein noodles, green onions.
As we cook for our guests the next 4 months, I may replace these if they don’t work out. I know from experience that they will be a huge hit!
Let me know what your favorite dinner is for a crowd!